Data Engineer - Customer Enablement
Compensation: $94,330.00 - $148,460.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Become part of the ActionIQ Forward Deployed Engineering Team
ActionIQ is a Customer Data Platform (CDP) built to help modern marketers transform customer experiences by giving them access to 100% of their detailed customer behavior data. That access, combined with the ability to orchestrate cross-channel campaigns and measure incremental lift across all digital and offline channels, helps brands such as Verizon Wireless, The New York Times, Michael Kors, Pandora Media and others drive innovation and profitability. We are backed by top investors: Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark, and Sequoia Capital.
This is a new role in the Delivery team of Forward Deployed Engineering, and we re seeking highly talented individuals to join and grow our team. This is where the rubber meets the road, where the product has to meet customer needs and create value.
You are an engineer who loves data and wants to see technology and data used successfully. You have great attention to detail and are very proactive in seeking potential roadblocks to success. You have great people skills and know how to manage the trust and expectations of a customer.
Above all, you want to make it work! You handle pressure well and you love being part of a team that wins. You know how to get the relevant people to help you achieve this goal, and you are prepared to roll up your sleeves and write code in whatever language makes sense to bypass obstacles and make things work.
Role & Responsibilities
Customer Enablement Data Engineers are the customer facing technical owners of our existing customer relationships and data driven deliverables on the AIQ platform.
You will work hands on with our technology stack but also work closely with the Product Specialist Data Engineers, with the Product Engineering team, the Engagement team, and our Customer/ Vendor technical teams, in order to deliver on all customer technical requests. You will be responsible for regularly interacting with our customers to gather requirements (e.g. weekly meetings, email, etc), scope and prioritize the incoming work. This can include:
- Designing Solutions - translate business requirements into technical solutions using SQL, scripting, codebase configurations, etc
- Understanding how data connects and creating Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs)
- Connecting disparate data sources, and setting up ETL pipelines
- Setting up ingest/ export integrations
- Setting up/ enabling new product features
- Conducting data and/ or platform migrations
- Testing your solutions and validating data
- Helping answer customer questions, and troubleshoot where necessary
- Participating in the field on-call rotation
You will also be:
- Owning the handover of the customer from the Implementation team, once the platform has been deployed, and be responsible for successfully transitioning them into the Delivery Team
- Finding out sustainable ways of addressing repeatable issues, and building tools for automation
- Contributing with documentation and building our customer specific configuration knowledge base
- A source of feedback for our product team, full stack and backend engineering team
- Traveling up to 15%
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or similar
- Proficient in one programming language and working knowledge of SQL, and Unix command line tools
- 2+ years in a technical role that involves managing and manipulating large data sets, such as ETL, Data Warehousing, Analytics, Data Science etc.
- 1+ years in a client-facing role that involves being a point-of-contact for technical and non-technical users
- Python, Github, AWS/ GCP infrastructure
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to multitask, as well as manage and communicate competing priorities
- Sense of ownership and ability to deliver
- Excellent problem solving skills:
- Self sufficiency - giving it a try before reaching out for help
- Ability to logically break down problems, communicate problem solving approach and deliver solution
- Attention to detail and testing mindset - making sure the end result meets the need
- Strong Communication skills:
- Succinctly keeping the team apprised about status at every stage
- Ability to engage with both the business and technical teams of a client
- Ability to relay a business problem in a clear and concise way from the customer to our product and engineering teams
- Ability to explain technical problems or concepts in a clear and concise way to non-technical users
- Other skills
- Improvement mindset, through processes, tools and/ or documentation
- Works well in team settings
- Strong professionalism & work ethic
- Adaptable, self starter and fast learner
- Dealing well with pressure
Nice to have:
- Java/ Scala working knowledge
- Industry & vendor knowledge
- Competitive compensation package, including equity component
- Work in a transparent environment where you can make a difference, and help build a company from its early stages
- Getting experience in the Customer Data Platform (CDP) space, a rapidly growing SaaS category
- Work in one of the few startups backed by two of the top US VC firms - Sequoia Capital & Andreessen Horowitz
- Work with a top notch engineering team building a leading edge data solution
- Learn the business side of data, technology and enterprise software. Find out what it really takes for software to deliver real value for real customers
- Work with leading edge marketing organizations and acquire a deep understanding of how modern consumer marketing functions
- Top health insurance benefits
- 401K plan
- 4-5 weeks of vacation
- Fully stocked fridge & pantry, and cold brew on tap!
- Top notch noise cancelling headphones - welcome gift
- Phone expenses covered
- Thursday restaurant lunches & Friday catering in the office
- Many group activities & team outings
- Great office and location in lower Manhattan (Flatiron district)
Associated topics: data administrator, data center, data engineer, data integration, data integrity, etl, erp, mongo database administrator, sql, sybase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...