Job Title : Senior Java Software Developer/Architect
Location : Atlanta, Georgia
Norfolk Southern Corporation, a Fortune 300 company, is one of the nation s premier transportation companies. It is a stable and profitable company that has paid dividends for the past 139 consecutive quarters. Its Norfolk Southern Railway subsidiary operates in 22 states and the District of Columbia and serves every major container port in the eastern United States. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal, automotive, and industrial products.
Norfolk Southern is actively recruiting for proven senior java developers/architects who can plan a vital role in design, development & support of modern intermodal terminal control software using java technologies.
This position is for highly motivated individuals who can self-start, work with different teams and meet corporate goals with robust, highly available, high transaction volume, fault tolerant and scalable enterprise software systems.
You will be responsible for meeting time lines with high standards. You should be able to provide application support when needed.
- 10+ years of experience in addressing large scale requirements by J2EE based design, development, implementation & support of large scale secure software products, projects with object oriented design and implementing design by proven design patterns.
- Modelling different business domains and its relationship.
- UML representation of the design.
- Sequence diagrams for different cases.
- Flow charts & class diagrams
- Entity relationship
- Experience in analyzing situation errors, tasking, take action and verify results.
- Adhering to Software Development Life cycle (SDLC).
- Modelling business objects based on Use cases and Domain models.
- Core java fundamentals & J2EE implementations in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Automated unit tests.
- JVM tuning for optimized performance.
- Solid experience in using relational databases like DB2 & Oracle.
- SOAP & REST web services using JSON & XML.
- Interoperability with different in house and third party products.
- Designing API and integration with other products.
- Integrated development environments like Eclipse.
- J2EE application servers like WebLogic or JBoss.
- Java authentication & authorization.
- Excellent documentation, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create and work with various UML artifacts such has Use Cases, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Activity diagrams.
- Design core java platform classes including the Java collection framework, iteration, sorting, enumeration & annotation classes.
- Detailed understanding of Java fundamentals like multi-threading, thread ctrol, thread pools and thread pool executors.
- In depth understanding of JEE Framework including Enterprise Java Beans, Java Messaging Service encompassing both point to point messaging and publish and subscribe models.
- Design XML and JSON schemas.
- Understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns and any associated Messaging Bus Technologies
- Experience in database persistence frameworks like Hibernate & JPA as well as the ability to use direct SQL as necessary
- Effective database connection handling in J2EE application servers.
- Build tools Ant & Gradle.
- Build tools like Maven
- Source control systems like TFS, SVN & GIT
- IBM MQ
- NoSQL databases
- Mobile application servers like IBM Mobile First and associated technologies like Apache Cordova.
- MVC architecture with application frameworks like JSF and SpringMVC framework.
- Front end java scripts based frameworks like EXTJS and front end development approaches based on AJAX & Web sockets.
- Security products like Layer 7.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automation using products like Jenkins and SonarQube.
Associated topics: algorithm, application, c#, develop, perl, programming, sdet, software development engineer, software programmer, sw