Position: Systems Engineer/ Server Administrator
Location: NYC, NY
Duration: 6 Months Contract - Hire
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we've built our company around a single concept - relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We're straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive
About Our Client
For more than 30 years, our client has been focused on bringing their customers extraordinary savings and deals while providing a memorable shopping experience. On top of that, their revenue in sales has also shown positive growth during the last few years. All in all, they are working diligently to bridge the gaps between retail and technology to provide the best shopping experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in Windows Server Administration and best practices
- Extensive experience engineering enterprise servers
- Resolve unique incidents and identify root causes of problems. Review incident and root cause reports
- Review, coordinate, schedule, communicate, and validate production change for servers, telecom, and environmental systems
- Provide server support through partnership with support teams, engineering/architectural groups, and vendors
- Plan real time configuration and monitoring of components of an enterprise IT environment on a day-to-day basis.
- High proficiency in server-based administration best practices
- Experience with VMware, Active Directory and ability to act as a liaison between technical teams.
- Resolve and analyzes complex issues and identify root causes of problems. Makes recommendations for resolution.
- Primary responder for issues or request submitted by senior leadership.
- Ability to exercise judgment within established practices, policies and procedures to determine appropriate action
- Minimum travel required
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer