Java Backend Engineer - Cygnus Professionals (Bronx)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position: Java Backend EngineerLocation: New York, NYDuration: Long TermPosition Description:
We are the global Liquidity Platform Team in DB Global Transaction Banking(GTB) Cash Management business. We provide tools/solutions to clients for managing their liquidity, ranging from external facing investment platform to sophisticated cash pooling/concentration/interest calculation engines designed to meet client global cash requirements across complex account and legal entity structures and jurisdictions. We strive to enable our clients to manage their business through self-service external tools and APIs. We help our business to manage exposure/risk with strong intra day liquidity controls and we enable them to be a data driven organization through big data analytics and reporting. We are building our products in a diverse technology landscape: modern web ui, microservices based backends, data analitycs on top of big data technology stack You will will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team. You will bring an innovative approach to software development, focusing on using the best technologies and practices, as part of a relentless focus on business value. You will be someone who sees engineering as team activity, with a predisposition to open code, open discussion and creating a supportive, collaborative environment. You will be ready to take a leading role in all stages of software delivery, from intial analysis right through to production support. We will ask a lot of you, but we will offer a lot in return. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that provides continuous growth and learning, with an emphasis on excellence and mutual respect.Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work as part of a delivery team, collaborating with business and others to understand requirements, analyse and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production
- Apply Behaviour Driven Development techniques, collaborating closely with business, users, analysts, developers and other testers.
- Make sure we are building the right thing .
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right.
- Help define the architecture of the components you are working on
- Help your team to build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Contribute towards a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
- Share skills and knowledge in a wide range of topics relating to software delivery
- You will have substantial experience of how to build and test software in a modern, agile, lean, engineering-driven environment, which
- will probably include experience in one or more of the following.
- Solid understanding of core CS concepts: algorythms, data structures, operating systems, networking
- Deep knowledge of at least one JVM programming language: Java, Kotlin, Scala. Ideally experience of both object oriented and
- functional programming
- Understanding of multi-threading/concurrency in Java
- Practical experience of test driven development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment
- Continuous delivery principles and practices
We are happy to consider candidates with a wide variety of educational backgrounds and qualifications but the main requirement is to have strong core computer science knowledge and skills including algorythms, data structures, understanding OS concepts and computer architecture, networking. While a degree in computer science is beneficial, as would qualifications in STEM or other numerate disciplines, we also look favourably upon candidates with equivalent practical experience. This could have be gained in the
workplace or in other contexts, such as contributing to open source software or working on personal projects
Associated topics: application architect, architect, architecture, develop, expert, matlab, perl, programming, senior, senior software engineer
Loading some great jobs for you...