Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Platform Engineer II to join our team in Groton, CT. As a Platform Engineer II, you will be a pivotal member of a service-delivery team.
The Platform Engineer is responsible for creating and maintaining availability and high-performance in mixed UNIX and Windows development, non-production, and production environments. This individual works as part of a results-oriented, service-delivery team and assists release engineers, developers, and operations teams. Additionally, the platform Engineer performs root cause analysis of problems, selects and implements automation tools, and actively participates in deeply technical discourse.
Cos Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that- family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Analysis and Design
- Assists in the definition of end user requirements, functionality specifications, and deliverables for specific platform and provides estimates for work effort required.
- Designs new and modifies existing automation, customizations, conversions and interfaces as necessary.
- Designs dashboards, correlation rules, alerts and reports.
- Maintains all technical deliverables including technical design specifications and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Works with software test engineers to provide testing frameworks.
- Identifies single point of failure and operational gaps and weaknesses and develops plans for remediation and improvements
- Application Configuration
- Configures and tests specific platform software to meet business needs.
- Develops new and modifies existing customizations, conversions and interfaces.
- Creates dashboards, correlation rules, alerts and reports.
- Works with vendor, as necessary, on implementation activities.
- Automates build and configuration
- Works with release engineers to deploy all changes to production environment for assigned applications.
- Plans for and manages the upgrade cycle for the platform
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Works with the vendors, as necessary, to provide Level 3 support
- Advice and Guidance
- Actively works with less experienced platform engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Establishes standards for platform use and automation in all environments throughout the application lifecycle.
- Evangelizes the effective use of the platform and determines when the platform should or should not be used as part of a solution
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new platform technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of software systems
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation for after-hours support
- Degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering
- Experience with the Linux Operating System (RedHat and Centos)
- Understanding and experience with low-latency, high-performance Linux environments
- Build automation and configuration management
- Horizontal and vertical scaling for performance and high availability
- Linux administration and engineering
- Cloud administration and engineering (AWS)
- Application server administration and engineering (Jboss, Tomcat and others)
- Advanced scripting (any combination of Perl, Ruby, Bourne, Python, and others)
- Automation tools
- Top-tier analytics and problem solving
- Ability to work in a service-oriented team environment
- Working experience in specific platform technology
- Working experience with 3rd party software implementations and 3rd party integration.
- Working experience with specific platform s capabilities and limitations and can clearly communicate those to customers
- Working experience with leading teams through cross-functional projects
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Working experience of analysis, design and programming
- Working experience of application lifecycle methodologies (e. g. waterfall, agile, iterative)
- 2+ years of working experience
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader , Clutch Technologies, Dealer. com , Dealertrack , Kelley Blue Book , Manheim , NextGear Capital , VinSolutions , vAuto and Xtime , are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www. coxautoinc. com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task