- Electric Boat
31 Greenview Rd
Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Etho's & Corporate Responsibility
* Commitment to Ethics
* Commitment to Employees
* Supporting Service Members
* Supporting Communities
The Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)/Life Cycle Development Department (D408) has an opening for an Engineer to support Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) tasking on current and future programs, as well as part-time department support of existing in-house software programs.
RAM tasking plays an important role in the development, evaluation, verification and validation of the solution created by the Design-Build-Sustain (DBS) process. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
* The setting of RAM design goals from platform requirements using computer modeling, simulation and allocation
* The development of system and component level RAM predictions based on selected design solutions
* The analysis of failure modes and impact on mission and safety requirements
* The evaluation of Fleet maintenance data to support Reliability Growth Analysis and provide assurance that requirements are being met
* Completion of RAM studies as part of DBS evaluation of trade space and assessment of alternatives
* Formulating inputs to downstream ILS processes that influence ship operating procedures, maintenance plans, and logistics support
The selected individual will support RAM efforts for multiple programs in a variety of capacities; perform RAM tasks with minimal oversight, once trained in RAM methods and processes; and interface with responsible System Integration Team (SIT), DBS Team, and RAM Process Integration Team (PIT) personnel on a regular basis. In addition, part-time support of existing department database applications, Windows GUI development updates, and creating and maintaining Oracle database applications in Microsoft Visual Studio (VS) will be required.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
* 4-10 years of relevant experience
* Working knowledge of Microsoft VS and Visual Basic developing and updating database applications
* Working knowledge of relational databases Oracle and MS Access
* Preferred experience involves performance of trade studies, evaluation of integrated hardware and software systems, and development of system-level documentation
* Practical experience with submarine systems ? operations, design, testing and analysis
* A practical working knowledge of design documentation (i.e., system diagrams and descriptions, procurement specifications, etc.) is preferred
* Software tool development experience with GIT configuration management toolset, LINQ, FORTRAN, C++ and C+ in VS
* Candidate should possess a solid understanding of the DBS process at Electric Boat
* Strong written, communication, and organizational skills are necessary
* The candidate must be able to work independently, as well as within a team environment
* Ability to independently facilitate team meetings is required
* GUI development using MS Windows and MS Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) formats
* Working with XAML in GUI development
Associated topics: architect, architecture, c#, devops, matlab, php, programming, senior software engineer, software architect, software engineer lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...