- Electric Boat
- $103,390.00 -153,480.00/year*
31 Greenview Rd
Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Etho's & Corporate Responsibility
* Commitment to Ethics
* Commitment to Employees
* Supporting Service Members
* Supporting Communities
Department 425, Electrical Systems Software Engineering, software test engineers apply software and computer engineering skills to specify, design, develop, report, and execute test procedures and plans on in-house developed computer software for U.S. Navy nuclear submarines. Collaborating with software, hardware, and system engineers, submarine test and tactical software is tested to requirements and certified for a variety of submarine platforms and systems including electric and propulsion plant, as well as Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) systems. Knowledge of the software development and test development life-cycle is required for this position. The successful candidate will be able to document, plan and execute test plans and procedures and clearly present concerns and findings, to internal and Navy personnel in verbal and written form.
Specific responsibilities include: analyzing requirements, developing test plans, schedules, procedures, and reports for software testing.
* Candidate must have a Bachelors of engineering degree or related technical degree will be considered if a strong computer/software background is preferred.
* Master of Science degree is desirable.
* 4-10 years of work experience is preferred relevant to this job description.
* Experience in managing requirements, working with complex commercial software products (i.e. Visual Studio or open source coding environments, GIT etc.), problem solving, software coding, and software testing is desirable.
* Basic understanding of electronics hardware operations and its interaction with various software architecture levels. Experience academically, professionally, and personally will be considered.
* Familiarity with software configuration management (checking in, checking out, branching, labels etc.) and quality assurance.
* Familiarity and experience with multiple levels of system and software architecture.
The candidate must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and technical writing skills, including the ability to analyze requirements and to write clear and technically adequate test procedures. The candidate must be highly motivated, perform independently, and interact with other groups and organizations in a fast paced, results driven engineering environment. The candidate must also be able to work within a procedurally driven environment in compliance with Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3.
The candidate must be a US Citizen, capable of obtaining and maintaining a DOD
Associated topics: .net, backend, c++, c#, devops, perl, python, sde, sdet, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...