Have you ever wanted to be part of something that truly matters?
Do you have a desire to help our Military?
Are you someone who takes pride in their work?
At General Dynamics Electric Boat - We deliver the advantage that protects Our Sailors, Our Families, and Our Freedom!
Applying for a position with General Dynamics Electric Boat means you are a purpose driven collaborator that will be devoted to our mission of providing the United States Navy with the most superior nuclear submarines in the world. We consider all highly motivated applicants that strive to reach their fullest potential. Joining our team means you become part of a 100 year legacy of dedicated Americans that have left their mark on the continued freedom of this great country. We welcome you the opportunity to leave yours!
General Dynamics Etho's & Corporate Responsibility
* Commitment to Ethics * Commitment to Employees * Supporting Service Members * Supporting Communities
EB is embarking on an initiative to develop and deploy mobile, tablet-based applications for the workforce. The success of this initiative depends strongly on the design of the User Experience (UX). This position is for someone interested in designing the user experience for mobile applications. The job does not entail software development but rather an artistic eye and familiarity with how people interact with mobile devices and applications. The work product will be wireframes, mockups of the applications look and feel, and the sequences of interactions.
* Work closely with end users and the development teams to define, plan and build complex applications * Create the look and feel of interface elements for websites and web applications; translate concepts into wireframes , mockups, and specifications * Define interaction models and user task flows to ensure products logically flow from one step to the next and to maintain consistency in visual elements and defined behaviors * Advocate for the needs of end-users throughout the design process * Create a cohesive style guide and ensure that a consistent aesthetic is applied across the ECMS * Organize layout of site content to increase usability and understanding of content * Perform UX reviews of projects in active development to ensure they adhere to specifications and UX guidelines
* Bachelor's degree * One or more years of experience designing the User Interface (UI) for programs, mobile applications or websites
* Adaptability and Flexibility * Customer focus and openness * Strategic thinking * Critical thinking and problem solving * Persuasive communication and presentation skills * Innovative and creative * Inquisitive and self-guided learner * Attention to detail
Technical Skills (desired)
* Advanced understanding of graphics, including layout, color and typography * Awareness of latest UX trends and technologies * Solid grasp of user-centered research, design and testing methods
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux, ux ui designer, wireframing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.