The successful candidate will join the Device+ group in Lenovo Research, an
advanced research and technology group within Lenovo, that conducts applied
research in software and hardware technologies, connectivity, sensors and
sensor fusion, IoT, augmented/virtual reality, computer vision, natural
language processing, human computer interaction, authentication & security,
and distributed systems. The role requires researching new technologies and
building proof of concepts and prototypes that showcase state-of-the-art
concepts for our next generation devices and services. Be a part of a high-
impact team developing technologies that will dramatically shape how people
and their devices interact.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The candidate will focus on research tasks that involve software development.
The candidate will be part of an exciting and dynamic environment, creating
user experiences with today's most advanced devices - smartphones, tablets,
PCs, head-mounted displays (HMDs) and ambient/IoT devices.
Specific duties include:
* Perform research and analysis of technology trends
* Build proof-of-concepts and prototypes that showcase state-of-the-art
concepts for next gen devices
* Attend technical discussions with Lenovo and Motorola Architects from Lenovo
Research, Lenovo business groups, vendors, industry forums, and academia
* Write patents and other publications that support the company's Intellectual
Work location can be either Raleigh, NC or Chicago, IL
With 50,000+ employees and $43B in global sales in 160 countries, Lenovo is a
global leader in innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technologies.
We are a member of the Fortune Global 500, and recently leapt onto Forbes'
\"Top Regarded Companies\" list coming in at #27 out of the world's top 2,000
companies, Lenovo is bigger and stronger than ever thanks to not only organic
growth, but also due to several recent acquisitions.
Lenovo also has a diverse employee culture. We are proud to be a truly global
company, as our leaders and employees come from various cultures across the
globe. We view our differences as a source of strength in building a culture
that helps us achieve our goals.
Position Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
* MS degree in EE, CE, CS, or related field
* Possess strong analytical skills including the ability to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Strong programming skills in Java, Python, C, C++, or C#
* Familiar with Linux, Android, iOS, Windows, or real-time embedded systems
* Experience programming and designing services, apps/applications
* 1-3 years of related professional work experience
* Show a passion for innovation!
* Ph.D. degree in EE, CE, CS, or related field
* Experience developing machine learning, AR/VR, computer vision, or natural
* Analyze algorithms for correctness, completeness, clarity, and computational
* Understanding of the design and use of data structures and algorithms
* Be able to communicate your ideas and concepts clearly and concisely
Associated topics: algorithm, application, c c++, c#, devops, matlab, perl, php, software development engineer, software engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...