Director, Creative Project Management (Baldwin)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home dcor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of colorKate Spade New Yorks founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. Under the vision of creative director Nicola Glass, the brand continues to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
This role will drive the scheduling and resourcing for ideation, development, launch and release 360 global marketing programs and initiatives designed to communicate the brand vision as well as achieve company business objectives
The primary goal of the role will be to lead and oversee execution of global brand and corporate projects and guidelines for all marketing and creative programs and initiatives to ensure that they are adapted appropriately and deployed in a timely and effective manner in all markets. The leadership, schedule, budget, calendar oversight and coordination of cross-functional teams to meet project objectives.
essential duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the project management team and oversee the creation, resourcing and execution for all creative projects
- Act as key liaison between retail & digital marketing (wholesale, outlet, specialty, global/international, strategy, social media/digital) production, ecommerce, corporate communications, PR, product design, merchandising, production and all of the creative departments (2d, digital, 3d, editorial, fashion)
- Be a bridge between strategy and creative to maintain healthy deadlines, communication and process to drive business forward
- Review, edit & bring clarity to creative requests, insuring that projects have direction & focus prior to initiating - align with marketing on how core concepts can be integrated across channels
- Evaluate potential legs of each initiative (both prior to the commencement of creative work & after completion), connecting dots across creative requests to ensure the greatest ripple effect of every creative effort
- Establish timelines, efficient delegation of duties and follow up with all parties regarding delivery of project obligations
- Monitor routing - uphold brand quality by ensuing all projects are approved by appropriate parties
- Lead the ongoing refinement of processes to facilitate efficient workflows and ensure timely and accurate development of creative materials
- Lead communication to necessary parties of creative assets (both expected & delivered) to ensure global utilization and adoption
- Lead the ongoing maintenance of Workfront and Workfront DAM, and continue to update as we gain learnings continue to provide opportunities for education and feedback
- Manage multimillion-dollar content budget, with support from VP
- Identify opportunities in communication, alignment and process for global teams with all key cross functional groups and implement new ways to function to properly leverage information, meetings and checkpoints
education and experience required:
- must have 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Knowledge and use of project management software and DAM systems very important
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Inherent team spirit and collaborator who enjoys working in a cross-functional environment
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment which demands quick thinking and strong attention to detail
- Highly organized, yet creative thinker, with a positive and solution-oriented approach
- Experience in budget preparation and analysis
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Strong understanding of creative programs, concept driven work flow and design process required
- Ability to prioritize workloads for creative team & other business partners
- Ability to liaise between different departments and personalities to effectively manage and disseminate flow of information
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isnt upset when things are up in the air; doesnt have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesnt hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legall-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JG1 Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com .
Job Segment: Merchandising, Marketing Manager, Corporate Communications, Artist, Retail, Marketing, Creative
Associated topics: design, engineering, manufacture, product, product manager, production, program manager, quality
Loading some great jobs for you...