Senior DevOps Engineer (North Andover)
Compensation: $108,680.00 - $159,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
In Waters, the Instrument Software group produces drivers for instruments and modern web applications used by the scientific community for measurement and analysis. We are currently seeking someone with a passion for automation to work with our DevOps team in a collaborative and agile environment where team members are empowered to innovate and continually improve. Responsibilities Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of a common build infrastructure written in Python 3.7
- Work with automation and development teams to setup and support CI/CD build environments to ensure successful build and deployment of both software and firmware products
- Develop and maintain scripts to support build and installation processes of both software and firmware products
- Automate and improve existing and new build processes
- Develop and maintain documents of build and deployment processes for both software and firmware products
- Work with development teams to manage branching and merging strategies and efforts for all software and firmware product development releases
- Support various groups (Development, Evaluation, etc.) with build issues, product installation issues and daily usage of various tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, etc.)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or similar field) or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on with Enterprise software development process
- Strong knowledge of Docker technology
- Extensive knowledge of Python
- A sense of urgency towards supporting software development efforts
- Full life-cycle experience (design through delivery and support), Developing and improving CI/CD standards, practices, and procedures.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. Key Words
python, devops, software engineer, developer, jenkins, configuration as code, ansible, terraform, vsphere, c++, automation, build agent, branching, docker, continuous integration, deployment, IaaS, git, kubernetes, django - provided by Dice
Associated topics: application, back end, c c++, java, php, programming, python, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...