Senior Software Developer/Evaluator (North Andover)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Software Developer/Evaluator
that can serve as the person to both evaluate
from a technical perspective.
We are looking for a passionate and skilled software engineer with a talent for building quality software. You will work as part of an Agile team and engage in technical discussions, participate in technical designs, demonstrate problem-solving abilities, and present and share ideas through global collaboration.
Additionally this person would be responsible for improving and aiding 3rd party instrument vendors to Waters in the creation of instrument drivers - answering questions and providing technical and documentation necessary for their development. Responsibilities
- Work with Waters service support teams on issues from the field that have been escalated and require development input
- Work with documentation teams to produce the technical content for customer facing documents that improve the customer experience in use of 3rd party instruments within Waters software.
- Work with documentation teams to produce the technical content for customer facing documents that improve the customer experience in use of Waters instruments within 3rd party data systems.
- Perform initial development debug of issues escalated from Waters services teams.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree preferred but not required.
- 5 years industry experience
- Good troubleshooting ability.
- Experience working within a multi-geographic team.
- Experince with C++ and C# required
- Desire to write/understand software that controls instruments.
- Results oriented with the ability to work independently and self-manage.
- Strong OOP, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of .NET and .NET Core
- Demonstrable proficiency in code quality and performance
- Additionally desirable but not required:
- Experience in the Atlassian tool suite,
- Understanding of how to work in a Agile environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status. Key Words
Instrument Control, C#, C++, .NET, Troubleshooting, evalutating. debugging, atlassian, agile, - provided by Dice
Associated topics: architecture, c/c++, develop, devops, expert, java, perl, php, project architect, senior software developer
Loading some great jobs for you...