Senior Software Process Specialist (North Andover)
Compensation: $108,680.00 - $159,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Waters is looking for a motivated Senior Software Process Specialist
to improve the software process and procedures for our next generation product line.
As a software process specialist
, this person will be part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure a consistent, smooth, and quality delivery of our software and firmware products. Responsibilities
- To monitor and inspect software development activities, to ensure conformity to applicable Quality System requirements - regulatory and Waters. Monitor and perform quality system activities to ensure timely completion and conformity to Waters processes. Develop, maintain and continuously improve Waters software product development policies and procedures, plus related tools.
- Actively participate in and/or facilitate the development, review and approval of requirements and deliverables required to support product software development (planning, requirements, traceability, defect resolution, verification/validation etc.).
- Provide leadership and direction on all project activities necessary for the project team to achieve design control deliverables.
- Facilitate assigned post release defect management meetings.
- Participate in assigned reviews related to software design and development, including design, project, business and governance.
- Proactively escalate issues and risks appropriately through appropriate channels to Management.
- Act as a support during customer audits, SME for Product Software development process activities and related workflows.
- Coordinate and monitor/execute quality system actions including audit findings assigned to IPD Milford.
- Form and co-ordinate cross functional implementation teams when appropriate.
- Undertake continuous improvement activities to eliminate inefficiencies within processes or methodologies with aim to increase out of box quality to Waters customers.
- Responsible for maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality system at the site via adherence to applicable policies and procedures
- Identify new, or changes to existing, processes and systems to improve effectivity and efficiency of the Quality system in accordance with the requirements of: ISO 9001.
- As a process specialist, provide guidance on Product Software development process activities and related workflows in relation to Waters and regulatory compliance, provide 'solution-based' problem resolution
- As a process specialist, coordinate resources for the execution of projects, create and maintain project documentation, track project performance, use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of experience supporting software product and process development OR equivallent work experience in lieu of Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated experience of software product design and development within a ISO 9001 (or equivalent) certificated environment
- Ability to lead and drive change through a multi-disciplinary team
- Change Agent - drives continuous improvement I compliance to regulations, knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
- Must be able to work independently and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, preferably with knowledge of software packages such as Word and Excel to produce letters, management reports, analyze data, etc.
- Practica l approach to problem solving
- Ability to provide guidance and support to others, including assessment and prioritization of needs
- Desired - Working knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile and SCRUM in addition to more traditional methodologies
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Key Words
software, process, project manager, agile, scrum, quality, six sigma, software process management, software project management, instrument software development, ISO 9001, 13485, product software development, project performance, - provided by Dice
Associated topics: .net, application, c++, c#, developer, devops, programming, sdet, software engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...