Software Architect (North Andover)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
As an Software Architect
at Waters, you will work on projects critical to our Informatics business needs.
We're looking for creative and innovative proffesionals who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including data processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. We encourage all our engineers to constantly add value to themselves and the business through learning and collaboration.
We are looking for smart, self-motivated software colleagues to join our truly exceptional engineering team. Responsibilities Responsibilities
- Primary responsibilities include providing and documenting architectural designs following input from stakeholders and providing high level implementation work estimates.
- Act as architectural design authority for their product or work stream under guidance from the chief architect for their Program
- Communicate of designs to architecture peers and stakeholders including implementing teams and act as a consultant for the
- Act as a consultant to teams involved in implementing architectural designs during the development lifecycle
- Produce Proof of Concepts in high risk areas to de-risk architecture
- Ability to solve challenges of a highly complex problems in real time
- Drive Tools selection needed for the successful development of the product. Seek out and provide guidance on new practices and technologies that may result in improved ways of working
- Will be responsible for training and mentoring as it relates to their core knowledge of architectural concepts and infrastructure
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline strongly preferred; equivalent work experience required
- At least 5 years proven software architecture experience in development of software products preferably in an agile environment
- Experience with modern software architecture paradigms and patterns
- Experienced leader; good influencer and mentor; proven authority and credibility at senior levels.
- Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions.
- Experience with software quality assurance and testing.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely including an ability to document software architecture
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation has developed innovative analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, operations, performance, and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance liquid chromatography, ultra performance liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry technology systems and support products primarily in the United States, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Our innovations enable significant advancements within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, environmental, academic and government industries. Waters is a publicly traded corporation (NYSE:WAT) with more than 6,000 employees and is represented in more than 100 countries around the world. - provided by Dice
Associated topics: application developer, architecture, c, design, devops, expert, maven, php, senior software developer, software engineer lead
Loading some great jobs for you...