At Employer, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
As a Product Manager on the Room Planner team, you'll partner with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver experiences that help customers visualize what their home would look like with Employer products. One of the most challenging problems Employer faces is convincing customers to buy high-ticket, tangible goods online without seeing them in person. The suite of room planning tools we're building provide customers with the means to more realistically picture how items will look in their space.
Imagine a world where you could view a 3D representation of your home with Employer recommending items that match your style and fit well within your space. You can quickly swap your existing furniture for new options, or complete your space with accent and decor items. The 3D planning tool is fun and easy to use so it's easy to get lost designing dream bedrooms, kitchens, patios, and more.
As a member of this team, you'll be in a position to change the way people shop online for furniture and home decor. Instead of scanning pages of products, users will immerse themselves in a 3D shopping experience that accurately reflects the space they're shopping for to make it faster than ever to find the perfect item(s). Not only will this benefit Employer's large customer base of consumers, but also our rapidly growing B2B business as this will be a powerful tool for interior designers, property managers, and other businesses.
As a product manager at Employer, you'll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer's needs, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business - all while having a ton of fun and learning every day.
You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You will transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace.
Successful candidates must have a strong bias-for-action, be a consummate communicator, have direct management experience, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will be a member of a team consisting of Engineers, UX Designers and Analysts and play a central role in organizing and communicating their efforts. How you'll drive success:
You're who we're looking for if:
- Product Managers at Employer are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Using Agile methodologies, they develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Employer's additional lifestyle brands.
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
- 3+ years experience in product management (or significant experience in related areas like product design, analytics, or engineering that would allow you to quickly learn how to be an effective cross-functional product leader)
- Passionate about and/or experience working with new 3D/AR technology
- Track record of building high-impact products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Experience managing a team is a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task