Reporting to the Deputy Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer, this position will primarily be responsible for leading efforts to determine the best methodologies to evaluate the office's trainings, programs and initiatives. Collect and report data, metrics and outcomes in the format that best advances and supports the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) mission and its stakeholders. The successful candidate will be integral in assuring that the office and its stakeholders' data, metrics and outcomes are packaged for national dissemination.
1. Independently research which methodology is best equipped to evaluate each training, program and initiative.
2. Independently develop and implement valid and reliable instruments to evaluate each training, program and initiative, which will include both qualitative (such as individual interview and or focus groups) and quantitative (such as survey design) methods.
3. Independently complete statistical analysis and interpret data collected.
4. Independently develop preliminary themes for qualitative data.
5. Assist with the development of and independently maintain a database to house all data collected.
6. Oversee and maintain demographic information, data and outcomes related to pipeline programs.
7. Utilize appropriate application software to create reports for CDO, Chairs, Center Directors, University leadership and appropriate outside agencies. Working closely with the Director of Academic Analysis, serve as the office's point person in coordinating, managing and maintaining key data resources in support of efforts to advance workforce (faculty, staff) and learner (students, residents) diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
8. Working closely with the Director of Academic Analysis to track the compositional diversity of the School of Medicine faculty, staff and learners (students, residents and fellows) including ranking, promotions, attrition, grant awards, salaries, and other parameters designated by the CDO.
9. Independently write high quality draft reports that reflect advanced level analysis of collected data, which might include graphs, charts and other visuals for internal and external constituents.
10. Work closely with the Deputy Dean and other office stakeholders to develop posters, abstracts and manuscripts for internal and external knowledge dissemination.
11. Work closely with the Deputy Dean and other stakeholders on submission of applications for appropriate internal and external grants and other potential funding sources.
12. Work closely with the Deputy Dean and other stakeholders as the subject matter expert to develop appropriate benchmarks, metrics and evaluation tools for the YSM diversity strategic plan that can be implemented at the department and center level.
13. Provide oversight and management of all components of YSM Climate and Culture surveys.
14. Educate key stakeholders about appropriate measurements and protocols to evaluate their diversity, equity and inclusion trainings, initiatives and programs.
1. Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of metrics to enable departments operating oversight and external results reporting. Leverage metrics to identify business opportunities and risks to drive strategic action. 2. Create central databases from existing data currently stored in multiple data sources. Designs comprehensive databases with advance knowledge of relevant applications impacting on the data analyses and reporting. 3. Use advanced statistical knowledge to provide support in managing and analyzing data. Provide compelling and concise analysis to enable business owners to make well informed decisions regarding options for problem resolution and opportunity realization. 4. Identify quality issues and prepare root cause analysis and action plans to improve work quality. 5. Contributes in testing and quality assurance process. Collaborates with developers and end-users to ensure that application functionality meets client needs. Tests solutions, problem-solve issues, and coordinate enhancements. 6. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors degree and 3 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Creation of qualitative and quantitative metrics for program evaluation.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Statistical analysis of quantitative data and thematic interpretation of qualitative data.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Researching, analyzing and summarizing data to create presentations and reports.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Manuscript writing including developing graphs, tables and other visuals.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Grant writing and IRB protocol.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Ph.D. preferred and experience working in academic institution. Experience with developing and analyzing outcomes of strategic plans and outcomes of culture and climate surveys.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...